Due to performance issues on Web317 we are going to migrate it to faster hardware on January 14th between 11am and 1pm UTC.

The server’s main IP will change from 85.17.23.88 to 37.58.75.247.

If you’re using WebFaction’s DNS servers for all your domains then you don’t need to do anything.

If you’re using non-WebFaction DNS servers for some of your domains then you will have to update their A records yourself. We will leave a proxy running on the old server for 5 days to redirect all HTTP and HTTPS traffic to the new server.

We’ll update this post as the work progresses.

Update Jan 14th, 11am UTC: The migration is starting now.

Update 12:45pm UTC: Due to a misconfiguration on the old server the actual migration is only starting now. We expect it to finish in one to two hours.

Update: 4.30pm UTC: Apology for the delay. Due to a human error not all the data had been pre-migrated which is causing the migration to take longer than usual. On top of that the mysql data got corrupted on the old server so we’re having to restore all mysql data from backups. We’re hoping to have about 75% of all accounts online in about 30 minutes.

Update 6pm UTC: 90% of home directories and databases have been migrated and their corresponding websites are back online. We’re working on the remaining 10%.

Update 8.30pm UTC: The migration is now over. If you experience any issues with your sites open a ticket and we’ll look into it asap. We have setup a proxy on the old server to redirect all HTTP and HTTPS traffic to the new server. The proxy will stay for 5 days.